Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Geokov.com. By using this website you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. Please read them carefully.
- Geokov can not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, and suitability of the website content as well as any services and functionalities provided. You acknowledge that the information and features provided by the website may have errors and inaccuracies. The website is provided “AS IS”, and the use of this site is at your own risk.
- Geokov will not be liable nor legally responsible for any direct, indirect or consequential damages, personal injury or loss of life arising from the use of this website. You agree to hold Geokov, its owners, authors and contributors harmless from any liability or claim arising from the use of the website content and services.
- The information and services provided by Geokov (e.g. maps, links, condition reports, info exchange, etc.) can serve as a decision support system and aid in planning for outdoor activities. However, you should not base your decision making and trip planning solely on the website content. It is your responsibility to verify the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of such information by seeking other resources. Content and reports submitted by other users can be subjective and inaccurate. Most importantly, backcountry conditions can change in a very short amount of time. Even if there is an up-to-date condition report for your area of interest, you should be ready and equipped to deal with drastic changes in conditions during your trip.
- Geokov reserves the right to make changes to the website without prior notice. There may be interruptions in the availability of the website and services, as well as changes in design, functionality and content of the site.
- Geokov contains numerous links to other websites or resources. They are provided for convenience and improvement of user experience. These websites are independent from Geokov, and Geokov does not accept any responsibility for their content. You access and interact with these sites at your own risk.
- The use of any third party services accessed through this site is subject to terms of service and conditions and copyright laws of the original provider. It is your responsibility to educate yourself and abide by such terms and conditions. For example in order to use Google Maps and the Google Earth plug-in through this website you can read the following links: Google Permissions, Google Maps/Earth Terms of Service, Legal Notices for Google Maps/Google Earth. The same applies for services such as topographic data from government servers.
- By posting and sharing content with Geokov, you retain copyright of the original content. You agree to grant Geokov a perpetual, royalty-free, nonexclusive, irrevocable license to use, modify, reproduce, adapt, edit, perform analysis, publish, display and distribute the submitted content. Geokov is not obligated to treat such content as confidential or proprietary.
- You agree to use the website only for legal and proper purposes permitted by these Terms and Conditions of Use and any applicable laws and regulations. You are responsible for the content you post on Geokov. You agree that such content is lawful and can not be fraudulent, defamatory, abusive, harassing, vulgar, hateful, infringing, threatening, racially or ethnically objectionable. You can not post any copyrighted material to Geokov without the copyright owner's permission. You agree not to engage in any activity that would disrupt Geokov's services or servers or interfere with its operation. You agree not to access the website or its services through automated means such as scripts or web crawlers. Geokov reserves the right to delete any content submitted by you and/or terminate your account at any time in its sole discretion without prior notice.
- You will need to register to access certain parts and features of the website. You agree to provide accurate and up-to-date information about yourself and you agree not to impersonate another user upon registration. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and furthermore you agree to be solely responsible for all activities occurring under your account. Use of someone else's account without the owner's authorization is strictly prohibited.
- You agree not to duplicate, reuse, transmit, upload, sell or trade the content, information material and services from this website without prior written permission from Geokov. You acknowledge that the trademarks, trade names, logos, domain names in this website are the intellectual property of Geokov and can not be used in another product or company that may cause confusion about the owner of the product or service.
- You are granted permission by Geokov to copy, download and print material from the website. Please provide proper attribution including the name and web address of the site (http://geokov.com). Feel free to use the content and maps as part of your educational material, in your work reports, presentations, workshops, academic papers, etc. As specified above, do not duplicate and reuse the material in your own website, and do not sell or trade the copied and printed content.
- Geokov is committed to copyright and intellectual property rights. If you do notice any material that may infringe on such laws, please provide Geokov with the description and location of such material and your contact information in order to remedy the problem.
- Geokov at its discretion may revise these terms and conditions of use without prior notice. It is your responsibility to check this page frequently to review current terms. By continued use of the site, you agree to be bound by the latest revisions.